Tuesday, November 08, 2005

MUST. SLEEP. NOW.

Know when you have officially become too damn busy? When you have to schedule a conference call with the loan person who is working on a mortgage for you and your husband while you're on the bus coming home from work because it's the only time you have free and probably the only time that day that you'll actually have to speak to the aforementioned husband.

I need a vacation.

Right now I am so freaking tired that I just want to cry. I got 4 hours of sleep last night because we were at the Depeche Mode concert until late, and while it was a fantastic show, I think I must be getting old because as much as I love DM, I think I would have rather had 7 hours of sleep than gone to the concert.

When the hell did this happen!?!?! I remember going out until 3:00 AM, getting up for work at 6:00, working all day and then doing it all over again the next night. No hangovers, no feeling like shit on toast, no being grumpy from lack of sleep, no scary bags under my eyes. Now if I'm up past 11:30 and have to get up at 5:00, I'm batshit crazy for the rest of the day from lack of sleep. If I have more than two glasses of wine, hell...even if I have a shot of Nyquil at night, I have a goddamn hangover the next day.

Then again, when I was 23 I wasn't scheduling meetings with mortgage brokers, I didn't have to get up at 4:30 every morning, I wasn't so busy with work and basic things like laundry and house cleaning that I had to schedule time to wash my hair...and, oh yea...I didn't have Lupus either.

Actually, I don't need a vacation. What I need is:

  • A day that I can sleep for 12 straight hours without my phone ringing or the landscaping people waking me up with their God forsaken leaf blowers.
  • One damn day where I wasn't preoccupied with work, what to cook for dinner, running errands or if I need to do laundry tonight because I have nothing to wear to work tomorrow.
  • A day without my cellphone, email or blackberry going off with someone demanding that I do something within twenty seconds of reading/hearing their request.
  • Time to get a facial, pedicure, manicure, my eyebrows waxed and a decent haircut.
  • A day where no one asks me any damn questions other than "What time can I take you shopping and buy you pretty things".
  • Someone who actually does something that makes my life easier rather than telling me what I can do to make their life easier.
  • To spend an entire day in my sweatpants and Ohio State T-Shirt and not have to leave my apartment.
  • Someone to buy me flowers or a new Coach bag just because.

I know, I know...there are armless, legless, torso-children in Gloctobuckenstan who were raised by goats and have to walk 20 miles to the nearest Typhoid ridden creek for water and have only grits and rancid bat meat to eat who would love to have my life.

Truth is, I don't care about them because all I can do is think about getting some sleep.

Alright..I promise I'll try and be amusing tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home