Wednesday, November 09, 2005

All I Wanted Was a Haircut, Instead...I Bought a House

Yesterday all I managed to do was complain about how tired I was (still am) and how I don't have enough time to get a decent haircut, get my nails done or even talk to Nick without a third party scheduling a conference call. Now, under those circumstances most people would either try and get some extra sleep, call for that long overdue hair appointment, maybe go out and buy some new shoes. Not me....I bought a house instead.

Let me repeat that.

I. BOUGHT. A. HOUSE.

Through my charming and pleasant demeanor I made that mortgage broker my bitch and now we're gonna build a house. Umm...okay, it was probably due more to Nick's really cute habit of paying our bills on time and hiding the credit cards from me. Whatever, the mortgage lady is still my bitch...so much so that as part of my loan terms I may very well demand she tattoo my likeness on her butt.

So now all we have to do is sign the papers she so thoughtfully had FedEx'd to our apartment, send them back to her and go pick out all the pretty stuff like flooring, tile, cabinets, etc. that will go into my new house (or as Nick put it to my friend Jen, 'we have to go pick out the innards'). Then sometime around late February, early March...pack up all our shit and move in.

Oh yeah....I also made an appointment to spend about 2 hours on Saturday in the salon getting myself to look like a human again. WoooHooo!!!!

The sad thing is, at this point I'm not sure what I'm more excited about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home