Monday, November 28, 2005

Bad Blogger! No More Wine For You!!

Well...I'm alive, although if you tried to determine that based on my infrequent updates you might not believe me.

Things have been really crazy around here. After much thought I quit my job as an IT Admin to take a position as a Project Manager for another company. While I loved the company I worked for, I was so damn bored every day I could scream. I just didn't have much of a work load at all, and while that sounds good, in pratice it just plain sucks because your days go by so sloooowly. I also didn't see where I could advance at my old company and those two things combined told me it was time to move on.

My new job kind of fell in my lap. I really wasn't even looking for a new job, but a recruiter I new called me with this position to see if I might be interested. Hmmm...more money, busy days, a way to get out of being a goddamn Admin?!?! Sounded pretty good to me!

So, I started my new position last Monday and between learning everything I need to know for my new job,the Thanksgiving holiday and the ever on-going house project... I've been swamped.

Thanksgiving was really nice. My mom came in from Ohio, my in-laws were out of the country and it was just a couple of days filled with tons of food and even more wine. Hence the lack of updates.

I really thought cooking Thanksgiving in my small ass kitchen would provide me with an instant and highly amusing topic to write about, but nothing caught fire, I didn't add sugar to anything thinking it was salt and no one got drunk and fell down (well...we were drunk, but no one fell down). I was slightly amazed at the lack of mishaps that occurred.

Now...this weekend is my friend Jennifer's bridal shower and I have to cook a TON of food (without my mom here to supervise) so that should provide a pretty freaking hilarious tale for y'all. Especially when you take into consideration that other than Jen's grandmother no one has bothered to RSVP leaving me to wonder if I need to make quesadillas for 5 or 50 people.

Anyway, I promise to lay off the wine and get my shit together and update more frequently. Um, I promise to update more frequently at any rate.

Hope y'all had a fantastic Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home