Monday, January 09, 2006

One Wedding Took Place, One Didn't

So after all the drama surrounding my dumbass brother-in-law screwing over his friends on their wedding day and basically telling off all his other friends for telling him that he is a complete moron for taking off for Vegas to get married to someone he's known for 2 weeks, he called Nick on Sunday. He didn't even go through with it!!!

Okay, honestly I still think he's a total dumbass, but now I even have less respect for him (something I didn't think possible). If you're going to basically burn every bridge and screw up pretty much every relationship you have with your friends and family, shouldn't it at least be for something? I'd have more respect for him had he had the balls to actually have a conviction and say "This is what's going to make me happy and this is something I truly believe in" and go through with it than to cause all this turmoil for absolutely NADA!

Oh, and he actually had the guts to call the tux shop and ask for a refund! Yes...Jen's dad ended up having to pay for someone else to get a tux at the last minute because my shit for brains brother-in-law got the money back on his tux rather than just using that money for his replacement to be able to get his tux. Of all the freaking low class things he did this one pretty much just confirms that he's a total jerk.

I'm pretty much done dealing with him. He causes this kind of shit waaaay to often and it's not something I want to associate myself with anymore. Yes... he's Nick's brother, so I'll always have some kind of connection with him, but I don't really think he's the kind of person I want to continue being friends with. That may sound harsh, but believe me this is not the first time he's done something this stupid and I can guarantee it won't be the last. Basically, he needs to grow the fuck up.

However....Jen and Brad's wedding was beautiful. Everything went off without a hitch and they both looked so happy. After all the stress and expense, in the end I'm really glad that Nick and I could be a part of it. I promise as soon as I get pictures developed, I'll post them.

I did kind of loose it at one point in the wedding. During the ceremony they presented their mom's, stepmothers and grandmothers with roses, which is something Nick and I did during our wedding. At our wedding, my stepdad (who was a musician) performed a song that he had written for me while we were doing that. Well....Jen and Brad wanted to surprise their moms, so they didn't tell anyone they were going to do this. I was completely unprepared for it and it just reminded me of how much I miss my stepdad, so I got a little emotional. Thank goodness I had the brains not to want to ruin my makeup, so there was no flat-out bawling, but I did get a little teary eyed.

I also found out that Jen's cousin and I were separated at birth. I swear we are so much alike that it's terrifying, but I had a blast hanging out with her and will definitely be calling her if/when I ever go to Dallas.

So...everything considered, this weekend actually turned out well. Granted, I woke up Sunday with a serious case of laryngitis and still can't talk very well, but Nick thinks this is some kind of bonus to the whole weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger oakland heidi said...

Here is some virtual chicken soup coming at you from Oakland, Ca.

Hope you feel better soon.

Its strange how you marry someone and you also inherit their family. Your brother in law sounds like a real gem. Ugghhh.

I love weddings... I always cry. ALWAYS.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Claudia Matievic said...

Thanks...I could use all the virtual chicken soup you can send! Heck...actually that sounds good, maybe I'll make some for dinner!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home