Monday, January 16, 2006

The Reluctant Bridesmaid...No More Shots for Me!

So...the brother-in-laws wedding that was cancelled? Yep, it's back on, only now it's in October and they're going to have an actual wedding rather than just going to Vegas. Dumb move...go to Vegas...go now!

The kicker? Nick and I are IN the damn wedding. Now, it makes sense that Nick is going to be in his brothers wedding, but I barely know this girl. However, she doesn't have many friends in Houston and she asked me to be in the wedding after I had consumed many, many, unidentifiable shots and apparently I agreed.

Now, this is something that I have NO recollection of (damn you Rod, and your gazillion shots...you totally deserve that $200 bar tab). I wake up Sunday with a massive hangover and Rod and Ulysses passed out in my living room and I casually joke to Nick that he's going to have a new sister in law and he's got to rent a tux and go through the whole wedding drama we just got done doing with Brad and Jen. Nick gets this odd look on his face and says "Yes, but you're in the wedding too, so I'm not sure why you're finding this so funny".

WHAT?!?!? Now, I know we all drank a lot, but had my alcohol consumption reached new heights to were I agreed to stand up for someone I've seen twice in my life at her wedding? SHIT!!! Needless to say, Nick found this hilarious.

So now I'm going to end up having to throw another bridal shower (something I swore I'd never do again even for my own sister - who is wise enough never to ask me, so not so much of an issue there), plan another bachelorette party (wonder if I can ditch them and go to the naked bar with the guys like I did the last time), buy another $200 bridesmaid dress, shoes and all the other accessories and try to stay sane during all of this.

Damn those shots....damn them straight to hell, I say!

Here's the problem...I could just buy the dress and show up and the rehearsal and the wedding and leave it at that, but I'm completely incapable of doing that. If there's something to be planned and organized I'm damn well going to plan and organize it. I'm completely unable to just leave well enough alone. It just frustrates me when things are unorganized and don't run smoothly, so inevitably I end up taking over the planning and making sure that things go the way they are supposed to. It's a disease and I should be heavily medicated.

Second issue...no one should be subjected to my in-laws without much warning and an intensive training session. Now, they are nice enough people, but they just have certain ideas about how things should be and how people should act (women especially). They are fairly traditional people and The Omlette was their last shot at getting the nice, traditional Indian daughter-in-law they always wanted.

This poor girl has no idea what she's in for and after what I went through with them when I was planning my own wedding, there's no way I'm going to leave her to figure them out on her own. Hell...it took me NINE YEARS...there's no way she's going to be able to do it considering she hasn't even met them yet and the wedding is NINE MONTHS away!

Although, part of me wants nothing more than to drink several more of those shots, sit back and giggle as the carnage unfolds. Is that wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home